6 Sept 2012

Illamasqua Generation Q Swatches




Just because I couldn't wait, I made a few purchases from the new Generation Q collection today!


I brought the Complement Palette (£34), Allure Powder Blusher (£18) & Creator Nail Varnish (£13.50).



First, the Complement Palette.



The palette contains a large mirror, because the packaging is so large! 
I think the palette is too big. Not makeup bag friendly at all!

Contains (colours clockwise from top left): Powder Eye Shadow in Slink (soft champagne shimmer),  Liquid Metal in Focus (cool brown metallic), Powder Eye Shadows Queen of the Night (blackened plum) and Forgiveness (rich chocolate plum).

with flash

with flash

In natural light

In natural light

I was initially disappointed with Focus, it's not as dark as as I expected it to be but once I built it up on my hand I could see the brown come through.

The look is developed by wearing Focus as a base over the entire lid with Queen of the Night is layered on top to build shadow intensity. Forgiveness is worn in the crease and blended upwards. The eye is then highlighted with Slink on the centre of the eye lid, in the inner corner of the eye and on the brow bone.  

I can't wait to create this look!


The Allure Powder Blusher is described as a dusty rose pink with shimmer.


I pondered over this colour a while before I brought it. I already own the powder blusher in Beg... but they didn't have this shade available for me to compare it. When I brought it home, I realised how similar they are and the descriptions are the same online.
The only difference is that Beg is a matte finish.
Allure is described as having a shimmer finish.

I'm a little annoyed now as I type this! As I was really into Gleam as an alternative highlighter shade to my NARS multiple but I wasn't going to spend the money on both.

with flash

In daylight


The description dusty is so true! I like Illamasqua powder blushers for their light soft formulas but they create a lot of extra dust.

I was using Real Techniques short stippling brush which collected too much product, created a lot of excess dust and didn't help me to blend it well on my cheeks. It's not the right brush for this product so I used MAC's 187 duo fibre brush with longer hairs.
This brush works much more effectively to apply the right amount and blend it.




I applied quite a lot so I can show you the shade. 
The gold shimmer particles don't actually transfer onto the face as much as I thought they would.





So don't be afraid of the shimmer and if you own Beg, then I would seriously consider your choice because in my opinion, it is Beg with shimmer.



Creator is described a magical black. 
I changed my mind about my choice in shade. I actually planned to buy and voted for Charisma (a raspberry pink) to be available to purchase online before the official launch on 6 September.

That was until I saw a swatch on  Temptalia.




I love Illamasqua polishes for the rich pigment. I'm happy with this choice. Full hand to follow!



Have you brought anything from this collection? Would be great to see your swatches!

1 comment:

BeautyBlogUK said...

I love that polish, its gorgeous - better than the Butter London one that I bought! I am wearing the blush today and it gives a nice flush I think... Such a shame it is the same colour as Beg :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...