22 Apr 2014

MAC A Fantasy of Flowers Heavenly Hybrid Lipstick Swatches & Review

I chose 2 lipsticks from the 'A Fantasy of Flowers' Spring 2014 collection, Heavenly Hybrid and Snapdragon (post coming!).

They are limited edition so of course sold out on the day of the launch, but I managed to get my order in just in time!

















Heavenly Hybrid is described as a mid-tone berry, fuchsia pink with blue undertones.
It has a lustre finish which gives it a slightly pearly sheen.




Lustre is known to be a little drying. This is especially true if your lips lack moisture as any moisture in the lipstick is absorbed by dry lips.

The texture is creamy and it smoothes easily onto the lips. 

The shade is semi-opaque with a good amount of pigment which transfers a little lighter on the lips than it looks on the bullet.

I don't feel that I need to wear a gloss over the top, the colour and finish pops slightly by itself.

It doesn't last for hours, I reapply it often throughout the day to keep the shade even and smooth, but I don't mind that. I just make sure I wipe my lips clean each time to avoid inner lip corner build-up!







Although not shown in these pictures, I sometimes wear it with Magenta Lip Pencil, the closest liner shade I own to Heavenly Hybrid. It complements it really well.

The Heavenly Hybrid shade is not unique, but I love berry shades. They compliment my skin tone really well. It's good to have a few variations of similar colours which work well with your skin tone to choose from. 
I could wear berry-toned lips everyday but I change my eye shadow shades too often!

I also own Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop which I compared to Heavenly Hybrid.
It is a very similar shade, only slightly darker,  shimmery and more glossy.

(all pictures taken inside with natural daylight)

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...