27 Apr 2014

NARS China Seas Eyeshadow Duo Swatches & Review

New from the Spring 2014 Collection, NARS' China Seas Duo is described as a 
iridescent turquoise with gold infusion and iridescent plum.




I am such a big fan of bold colours, especially purple so I had to get my hands on this for my collection. 






The shades have a lustrous and pearly, almost metallic effect.
The plum shade is vey unique. I am still is the process of trying to find a dupe.




I found the texture soft but the finish is not as pigmented as I expected it to be on the eyes. 
The colours are quite sheer and patchy when applied. The plum shade is a little dry, and comes out slightly darker, almost ashy on my skin compared to how it looks in the pan. 
However, once you take the time to layer the shades, they do create a beautiful look. 
They are extremely long wearing and crease resistant when worn over primer. 








I have not tried them wet yet, but I know they would be more pigmented and I would get a truer and to pan colour. 

I found China Seas a complex palette to use, definitely not your 6.30am Monday morning choice. I've tried it and I didn't have the time to create the exact look I wanted. 
However, I love the shades and it is one of my favourite colour combinations this Spring.


post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...