20 Mar 2014

Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadows - (6) Kaki Brocart Review & Swatch

The new Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadows launched at the beginning of Feb 2014.

They are described as a creamy, waterproof, long-lasting (16 hour) eyeshadow.






They can be worn alone or mixed to create your own unique shade or as a base under other
eyeshadows to improve the hold.

They cost £18 each.

(6) Kaki Brocart is a khaki green.


























I used mine with primer and it lasted all day.
They have a almost moose-smooth texture and a non-smudge powdery finish.
They have a slight shimmer finish and good amount of pigment.
I applied it with a brush then smoothed it with my fingers, which worked quite well as I found the spread to be a little uneven when you try to build the colour with a brush.
I wore it alone and it lasted more than 8 hours on me without creasing, when worn with primer.
When I tried to smudge it, almost nothing came away.

Overall, one of the best cream shadows I have used. I would definitely repurchase. 

Here are some swatches of the current colours on display in House of Fraser, Oxford Street 
(current on the day of this post)

Swatches minus (6) Kaki Brocart (in post) and (8) Prune Taffetas (see separate post)
1 - (4) Bleu Sole (marine blue)
2 - (9) Brun Cachemire (brown)
3 - (7) Gris Organza (grey)
4 - (10) Rose Illusion (pale rose)
5 - (2) Beige Mousseline (beige)
6 - (11) Coral Tentation (coral)
7 - (3) Rose Dentelle (old pink)
8 - (1) Top Coat Blanc Satin (Top Coat) 

(10) Rose Illusion is part of the Over Rose Spring/Summer 2014 Collection.
(11) Coral Tentation is the 11th shade, and part of the Givenchy Croisiere Collection for Summer 2014.
Missing from my hand is (5) Taupe Velours.

I also currently own (8) Prune Taffetas - swatch coming soon!





post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...