24 Jun 2012

Benefit | They're Real Mascara

I have recently finish my first tube of this mascara. I was fortunate enough to receive my first tube free, at an event, when it was first launched and if I am honest, I had it sitting in my mascara drawer for a while wondering what all the fuss was about.

I'm fussy when it comes to mascara. My lashes, in my opinion, are short and naturally very curly.
I need my mascara wand to separate my lashes, straighten them out and lengthen them, giving them volume without clumping.

I have only a few favourites, which I will write a post about very soon and now They're Real has been added to my shortlist.




In Jet Black and for £18.50, Benefit's They're Real mascara claims to lengthen, curl, volumise, lift and separate your lashes. The consumer results are quite impressive.





Before They're Real

Tip: Wiggling the wand horizontally through the lashes helps them to separate.

After They're Real



Having now finish a full tube, in my opinion, here are the reasons you should part with your money for this mascara:
  • It lengthens and thickens each lash, even the tiny ones. The dome tip design allows you to fan out your corner lashes, the right shape to get right to the ends. This helps to give the impression of fuller lashes and bigger eyes.
  • It's long wearing and does not smudge.
  • If you apply once and quickly, it does not clump.
  • The brush design, is short and perfect for grabbing curly lashes, like mine

Things you should consider before buying:
  • You need to apply it quite quickly as it dries very fast. It's then hard to top it up during the day. You would need to force it through your lashes and this I do not recommend!
  • Although it is long wearing, it feels a little sticky on the lashes. I found that it did flake a little during the day, a nightmare if it gets in your eyes.
  • The dome wand is a little spiky and can feel scratchy when you use it.
  • I guess you can't expect a mascara to be long wearing and come off easy! You will need a good oil based eye make up remover. A tip is to hold it on each eye for about 30 seconds to lift it, as it can be stubborn to remove.
  • It costs £18.50. It's a little steep in price for a high street mascara but compared to the others, the question is, is it worth it? I have a few more to try before I can give my verdict.
Overall, I like it, and I recommend a try, especially if you have lashes like mine.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...