18 Jun 2012

Non-fleecing Cotton Wool Pads

For me, cotton pads are an everyday necessity. I use them to apply toner on my face in the morning and to remove my make up every evening. I've tried and tested various types of cotton pads, mostly the ones sold in either Boots, Superdrug or Savers (even ones that claim to be non-fleecing) but all of them left a trail of cotton either on my face or in my eyes!

I am pleased to share my opinion of a Boots own brand Baby Large Cotton Wool Pads which actually do not fleece.



In my opinion, the only downside is you will have to pay for the privilege. They costs £2.19 for 80 pads, but I'm thinking quality over quantity here and there are more positives than negatives.


  • They do not fleece! - used dry or wet, there is no left over fluff!
  • They are 100% cotton - this is important to me. They are cheaper cotton pads available, but these tend to be mixed polyester with cotton and they feel rough on my skin. 100% cotton is much more gentle.
  • They're large - I use 4 pads a day. 1 in the morning (for toner) and 3 in the evening (1 to remove eye make up, 1 with milk make up remover and the 3rd for toner). The amount of smaller pads I would get through justifies the cost of buying a pack of these which last me at least 20 days!
  • They are often on special offer, only last week I brought one and got one free!
Tip:
When using cotton pads on the face. Dampen them with warm water, wring them out (no water should be dripping) and then apply your product. This way they are even more gentle on your skin and you will find that you use less product overtime as most of it doesn't get absorbed by the pad!
And if you have sensitive skin, use pads made from 100% cotton.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...