13 May 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

In my previous post for the Revlon Lip Butter colour in Macaroon, I said that I wasn't really convinced about the colours. In fact, it took me ages to select a colour because I can be indecisive about these things and I didn't really know which ones would look good against my skin tone.

After a hand full of colour comparisons, I purchased Macaroon and I was happy with my choice.
I wore Macaroon during the week, then found myself back in Superdrug with hand-full of colours again, and I brought 3 more colours!



Link to Macaroon review: Macaroon Swatch

1) 001 Pink Truffle                      2) 050 Berry Smoothie                     3) 010 Raspberry Pie


Pink Truffle and Berry Smoothie are closely similar in colour initially.
The swatch below and on the lips show with better lighting they do have a different finish.


1) 001 Pink Truffle
Peach pink undertone


2) 050 Berry Smoothie
Pink undertone


 3) 010 Raspberry Pie
Fuchsia pink


To round up, after using these colours for a couple of weeks now, in my opinion, here's why you should try them for yourself:
  • They do not dry out your lips. They are instantly softening and moisturising as they contain Coconut, Shea & Mango oils
  • They have a soft and light feeling on the lips, not glupy but creamy
  • They are as the name states, buttery so glide easily onto the lips. In a hurry you can apply quickly without a mirror!
  • The packaging is quite luxury looking for a lip gloss
  • The colours are medium sheer and with a thick layer applied they can look as pigmented as lipstick

What you should know before you purchase: 

  • If you want lots of colour, you need to apply quite a bit and because they are so soft, you may finish it quite quickly
  • They do not have a scent, if you like the vanilla scent that comes with most glosses, all you will get with these is a very slight fruity scent (I expect from the mango oil) which fades quickly
  • Although they contain a lot of pigment, they are a lip gloss, so the colour can become patchy quite quickly and you will need reapply quite often
  • They can be a little messy as the gloss can end up on the silver tube. As they are so soft, you need to wind it up more than you would a lipstick to avoid it melting onto the packaging as you apply it
  • Although we don't have as many colours as the states, you will need to give yourself at least 10 minutes to decide which colours to buy, if you are as indecisive as me! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...