1 Aug 2012

Inside my July 2012 Glossybox

I know this post is slightly late, but I had to wait until I returned from holiday last month to be united with my July edition!




My July 2012 Glossybox contained:

Really happy to receive a HD Brows product this month: HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette
  • Actual price £19.95
  • I received the Bombshell palette, which is more suited to blonde hair : ( 
  • There are 3 palettes shades
  • All palettes contain a Nude and Carbon shade and 2 other brown shades suited to hair colour

After trying:
  • The darker shade, Carbon, mixed with Medium Blonde, worked 'ok' for my skin tone
  • The Nude shade worked well as a highlighter
  • Shades are matte and can be used as eyeshadow
  • It lasted on my brows (especially over Illasmaqua Lash & Brow Gel)
  • I liked the double sided brush. The angled-side gives good definition for the outer brow
  • Shades can be used as eyeliner
  • It gave my brows a much darker definition than I am used to! But that is the point! Great then for a night out with a smokey eye look
  • The palette contain a mirror
  • The palettes are quite bulky, no space in my make-up bag : (
  • I would have preferred trying Vamp, suited to dark hair, as I would have made use of the browner shades







Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Frosting

My first product ever, from this brand! 
This gloss is designed to be used on the lips or on the cheeks
  • Actual price £10

After trying:
  • Loved the creamy, fruity pavlova dessert fragrance
  • Gives the lips a tint of pink and a glossy sheen
  • Texture is rich but not sticky
  • Great for the lips, but I wouldn't use it on the cheeks, the texture is too rich for me
  • Contains Grapeseed Oil and Aloe Vera for moisture
  • Cute packaging






Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF15

A non-comedogenic, skin balancing lotion for combination skin
  • Actual price £32
  • Review to follow...


Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Line Samples

Contains 3 samples: 
  • Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser
  • Optimizing Skin Serum
  • Another sample of the Balancing Lotion SPF15 (I would have preferred to receive the alternative Skin Hydrating sample line to compare the difference).
  • Prices from £32
  • Reviews to follow...



Clynol Salon Exclusive - Enrich Colour Shampoo

Contains a liquid jewel extract and UV filter to boost shine and maintain colour-treated hair
  • Actual price £9.35
  • I have never tried this brand, so looking forward to seeing the results on my colour-treated locs
  • Review to follow...



Monu Spa - Golden Glow

A moisturising treatment which gives a natural glowing tan in 3-5 hours
  • Actual price £23
  • Contains nourishing and protecting Shea Butter, protecting Vitamin E and smoothing Geranium and Petitgrain Essential Oils
  • I have a natural, inherited tan, but I would be interested to see the result! I might try it on one arm!
  • Review to follow...


That's it for this month! Roll on August 2012!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...