1 Aug 2012

MAC Fire Sign Lustre Lipstick

From the Heavenly Creature collection, Fire Sign is the red shade in the range of 5 limited edition lipsticks and costs £14.

This colour, in my opinion, is a raspberry red.







The result was not quite what I expected from the look of the stick, I was pleasantly surprised!
It has a semi-opaque, lustre finish. 

Reasons to buy:

  • A good alternative to a fiery red
  • Good option for days you want an opaque red lip colour
  • Perfect for those who are afraid to wear deeper reds
  • It's buildable, you can achieve more coverage if you want it
  • Good to add a touch of colour to extremely pigmented lips
  • As with most MAC lip products, it is vanilla scented

What to consider, before buying:

  • Avoid if you don't like sweet, vanilla scent (although it dissipates quickly)
  • I find MAC lustre finishes are is not very long lasting, you will need to reapply regularly
  • On my lips, Lustre formulas are not very moisturising. In fact, Lustre formula's are not known for their moisturising properties. For this reason, I'd wear it over a moisturising lip balm.


Fire Sign in natural light

Fire Sign with flash



I wouldn't normally pair blue eye shadow with red lipstick, 
but with the opaque look, I think I would get away with it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...