9 Aug 2012

NARS American Dream Eyeshadow Palette Swatches

So, in my previous post 'Sneak Peek at NARS American Dream' the new palettes had yet to be launched. On one of my many visits to Selfridges with the intention of 'just browsing', I was surprised to see it was available earlier than I had anticipated.



The America Dream palette costs £39.50.
Your first objection may be cost, but currently single NARS shadows cost £17 and duos cost £24.
Therefore for 6... well you can work it out!

I own just 1 NARS single eyeshadow, so for me I can try many colours at the same time.
That's my justification!

(I was really tempted by the other palette too - 'New Wave' (left) - another good mix of colours).


There is a good mix of matte and shimmery shades - They are actually more subtle on the skin than they look in the palette.




  • Bellisima: Matte pearl with gold shimmer (duo)
  • Alhambra: Metallic champagne gold (duo)
  • Silk Road: Pink with gold shimmer (duo)
  • Galapagos: Chocolate brown with gold shimmer (single)
  • Bali: Matte brown (single)
  • Tzarine: Grey-blue with gold & silver shimmer (duo)



  • My reasons to purchase the American Dream palette:
    • Value for money (in comparison to 6 singles)
    • Includes mattes and shimmers
    • Shades exist in permanent range - A good way to try the classic NARS colours
    • Ideal for travelling - create a range of looks with 1 product
    • Slim packaging is light in the make-up bag!
    • Shades work well together - I will post some looks soon!


    1 comment:

    BeautyBlogUK said...

    Looks so gorg :) Look forward to seeing the created looks!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...