14 Aug 2012

Make-up Storage Solution

Over the years, I have tried many different types of containers and storage options, depending on the size of my collection at the time and the space to actually store everything!

Currently, I have very limited space for my ever growing collection of make-up products.

Yesterday, whilst in Ryman, I came across the answer to my current storage issues!


It's called the 'Really Useful Box' - a 9 litre, transparent, plastic storage box for £10.99.


But, I didn't buy it for the storage box - it comes with 2 Tray Inserts split into 7 Sections...


  • Transparent - solid & sturdy polypropylene box 
  • Lid has clip lock handles to keep contents secure
  • 2 7-part tray inserts that can be stacked on top of each other
  • A handy space-saving option
  • Allows easy identification of contents



The wider section on the left is great for palettes. 


My Lip Pencils are actually standing inside the box in a small L'Occitane glass candle to hold them upright!
The more lipsticks, the better they stand!


Blushers fit nicely into the smaller sections.
The boxes sit nicely on my bookcase.



Other popular storage is available at Ikea and Muji & John Lewis sell Acrylic organisers.

I have owned these drawers for years, but have only recently started using them for makeup.
They cost £17, are untreated and can be wiped clean. 

MOPPE Mini chest of drawers IKEA Untreated wood; can be treated with oil or glazing paint for a personal touch and a more durable surface.



Ikea also have these with 4 drawers for £9 MOPPE Mini Chest of 4 Drawers

Depending on your size requirements, Ryman, also sells Acrylic organisers.
I also brought Osco Acrylic Desk Organiser for £14.99
I have one of these already from John Lewis, but this one is much bigger, comes with deeper sections at the back to stand brushes and a drawer too.


Ryman's Desk Organiser

John Lewis Desk Organiser


From Ryman, I also brought an Osco Acrylic 3 Drawer Stationary Chest  for £11.99.
I brought this for my jewellery.


So I think those will do me for a while, until my collection doubles in size again!

How do you store yours?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...