4 Jul 2012

Sleek 2012 Limited Edition Collection

I am a big fan of Sleek make up. Not only because they offer affordable make-up, but also because they provide a decent choice of colours to suit black skin and there is a large palette selection. 
i-Divine 2012 Limited Edition is my 8th Sleek palette!



I popped into the Superdrug on one of my random make-up adventures and found they had started to stock the collection a day before its official launch date!

 If I am completely honest, based on the image in my previous post of the palette, I wasn't sure if it would be a palette I would use. However, as I swatched them on my skin in the store I decided I had to have it, and brought all 3 products in the collection!

They hadn't even finished the display!



The 2012 Limited Edition collection has been launched just in time for the Olympics and consists of:
Sleek i-Divine Glory Eyeshadow Palette - £6.99
Sleek Honour Blush - £4.29
Sleek Pride Pout Polish - £4.29



If you haven't guessed already, the collection names are inspired by the Olympics.
The palette is inspired by metallic shades of gold, silver and bronze and a mix of primary colours from the Olympic rings. They are named after the London tube network.

There are 10 shimmers and 2 mattes.





WARNING! If you are not a fan of bright shimmer, this isn't the palette choice for you.
My initial feeling was that the colours were too bright, but once I saw them on my skin, I changed my mind.
If you are unsure, try them on your skin first. 
They look so different compared to how they look in the palette.




Along the top row, from left to right:
Tube - a metallic Gold (shimmer)
Overground - a metallic White (shimmer)
Bakerloo - a metallic Bronze (shimmer)
Jubilee - a metallic Silver (shimmer)
Platform - a light Grey (matte)
Northern - a deep metallic Blue (shimmer)

Along the bottom row, from left to right:
District - a metallic Green (shimmer)
Hammersmith & City - a metallic Pink (shimmer)
Picadilly (spelt with 1 C??) - a medium metallic Blue (shimmer)
Circle - a metallic Yellow (shimmer)
Victoria - a light metallic Blue (shimmer)
Central - a bright pigmented Red (matte)

I love shimmer. My favourites so far are Northern, Bakerloo & Picadilly.




























 The Sleek Blush, named Honour, is a Bronze Rose shade - again very shimmery and a must try.





On the skin, Honour gives a shimmery, radiant glow. 
I used it as a blush today and I can see how it would be great as a contour shade too.

I like the packaging of single Sleek Blushes, they contain a mirror and they are not bulky so fit nicely into your make-up bag.

My eyeshadow is a mix of Platform over the lid, Northern and Picadilly on the lower lid and Bakerloo blended to even it out quite a bit! I had to tone it down quite a bit for work today!





This is my first Pout Polish. I've never really been drawn to any of the existing colours.
I liked the neutral shade of this one.
Again, I like the packaging, it's also travel, make-up bag friendly.

Pride Pout Polish in natural light

Pride Pout Polish with flash




The colour, named Pride is a bronze shimmer shade. It contains a nourishing blend of Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Wheat Germ Oil to condition the lips and lock in moisture. It has an SPF15 to help protect against harmful UV rays and a subtle sweet fragrance.




It does feel a tiny, tiny bit grainy but not uncomfortable. It lasts on the lips for a while.
However, it's not the type of lip gloss you can apply without a mirror and expect it to look perfect! I did have to blend and even out the mica particles of shimmer in my mirror. 








Please excuse my eyebrows! I am growing them lol!






Overall, the i-Divine Glory Palette is definitely a great choice for shimmer lovers daring bright colour eyeshadow wearers, like myself! I am going on a sunny holiday very soon and can not wait to try the rest of the palette, especially Central line red, District line green and Circle line yellow!

The Pout Polish is good, but I have to say I have tried better formula's. 
I think I will use this to blend with my bronze lipsticks.

I love the blush as it blends with my skin tone quite well. I think the packaging is great. 

Please let me know your thoughts, I welcome all comments!...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting swatches of the blush. You are the first blogger I have found who has done so. I am addicted to sleek blushes!!

Unknown said...

Your welcome and thanks for your feedback. I hope the post helps. I love them too and will soon be posting my many Blush by 3's!! I'm also secretly happy to be the first hehe! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...